Memo to Grandma
Did you know it’s only 40 more shopping days until Christmas? Time goes by fast in the Pandemic! NOT.
I haven’t heard from you in a while through Facetime, but I thought I would help you get started on your Christmas shopping by letting you know about a few things I’d really like this year.
Don’t you wish that all your grandkids could be so helpful as to give you a list? After all, Santa gets a list, and he has millions of lists to compare, so he knows what is on everyone’s minds this year.
Relax. I have you covered, Grandma.
All teens like money and gift cards. But that is the old reliable, standby gift. If you want to really impress this year, seriously consider items from these categories I have developed for boys my age.
I know that it is pretty hard to beat our gift from last year – a trip to Disney Land. But since we are all committed to staying at home as much as possible, I have these great ideas for you.
I have also checked a few items with my cousins, Charlie and Samir. They are in total agreement. So, before you order those joke socks, take a look at these suggestions.
I know you use technology when you have to, but technology is melded to our lifestyle for our generation. So, any lit tech gifts are much appreciated.
1) Drone with a Camera – Many of the drones come with recommendations for kids over 14, and I am your oldest grandchild at 13 years old. Here’s something you need to know. Drones that are smaller than 0.55 lbs do not need to be registered, and therefore this is the best type of drones for kids. Also, it is advisable to always have the drone in eyesight. I can help you explain that to my cousins if you decide on this sic gift.
2) Remote controlled car, truck, boat: These are a safer option for some of my younger cousins, but I’d be pleased with them also.
3) Build Your Own Robots Kit: All the cousins have scads of LEGO, but we don’t have any kits to make robots. Any sort of these kits would keep us busy for hours and add to our engineering abilities.
4) Rocket Building Sets: You know how much I like to make things explode. A rocket building kit would channel my inner desire and teach me a thing or two about science.
Laugh It Off
Kids Against Maturity Game: I have played this game at my friend’s house, and it is hilarious. I’d like to share this with my cousins just as soon as we can get together. We could also have a ZOOM session to play the game, if a couple of us had copies of it.
Ways to Visit My Friends
1) Bicycle: I have a bicycle that I got for my 11th birthday, but now I would like one with more options. My parents have told me that the old bike is still serviceable for me to get around town. But I disagree. You and I could talk about what would be suitable for me. Or maybe a gift card for the local bike store would be a way to solve this issue. Then I could get the exact bike I like.
2) Motorized Scooter: Wouldn’t it be great to see me zooming around the neighborhood on a motorized scooter? I would be able to cover distances without much effort. And an electric one would mean I wouldn’t have to buy gas.
You know that I am interested in starting my own business as I love to spend money. My allowance never seems big enough. I heard that several eBooks could help me get some ideas. Perhaps Gramps has the time to help me plan a way to make money in my neighborhood.
Along with some information, I could also use the tools I would need to start a yard service for my neighbors. I could earn some cash throughout the winter if only I had my own snow shovel and ice chipping tool. And for the summer, a lawnmower and bush clippers would allow me to offer summer care as well.
Cell Phone Accessories
Since almost all of your grandkids have a cell phone, they need some accessories. There are some GOAT belts that have a window for easy texting. It is unlikely that we will leave our phones behind if we have a place for them.
And How About Those Stocking Stuffers?
Now you may be wondering about stocking stuffers. Last year you made such a big hit with the hilarious games you found! How can you top that this year? How about . . .
1) LED Bike Wheel Lights with Batteries Included! All your grandkids love riding bikes, and when we go on night rides, we will have the dopest wheels around.
2) Wireless earbuds . . . because we need them!
3) A cell phone stand holder is a great idea for when we are at home and want to talk to you.
4) Trick Yoyo: We love to keep busy, and this is easy to carry with us.
Hey, my favorite grandma, take a look at my suggestions. I am sure there is something in this list that will tug at your heartstrings and fit your pocket-book.
Your favorite grandson,
PS – Don’t tell my parents about this list. I sent them the same one, as they are clueless about finding things I like.